Lovejoy has embraced CNC Milling technologies since the early 80's. Our personnel are therefore able to employ machining processes and work-holding techniques honed from years of experience.
Lovejoy utilizes some of the fastest CNC Machining Centers available to ensure short cycle times and competitive pricing, while continually providing the highest quality possible.
Materials machined include: Aluminum, Brass, Copper, Beryllium Copper, Carbon Steel, Alloy Steel, Stainless Steel (300 series, 400 series, 15-5 & 17-4 PH), Stressproof, Fatigueproof, Monel, Plastics (Delrin, Nylon, Teflon, Kel-F and Vespel), Castings, and High Temperature aerospace alloys.
Lovejoy CNC Milling capabilities include:
- High speed tool changers for maximizing "in-chip" cutting time
- 13,000 RPM spindle speeds for high speed machining
- Ultra high speed pallet changers for high volume requirements
- Micro-drilling: (to .005 dia.)
- Multi-axis machining
- High-speed drilling & direct drive tapping
- 16" X 32" X 14" work envelope
- DNC Network for automatic upload and download of program files
- Tool presetting capabilities for quick change over
- Multiple part processing for improved cycle times
- Easy front-of-machine access for short-run requirements