Lovejoy has embraced CNC turning technologies since the late '70's. Extensive experience with numerous cutting materials and processes allows on-machine manufacturing to tolerances of .0002 and microfinishes down to 16 RMS.
Materials machined include: Aluminum, Brass, Copper, Beryllium Copper, Carbon Steel, Alloy Steel, Stainless Steel (300 series, 400 series, 15-5 & 17-4 PH), Stressproof, Fatigueproof, Monel, Plastics (Delrin, Nylon, Teflon, Kel-F and Vespel), Castings, and High Temperature aerospace alloys.
Lovejoy's CNC turning capabilities embrace the latest technologies available:
- Bar capacities from 1/8" to 2" dia.
- Chucking capacity to 8" dia.
- Multi-axis machining: X, Y, Z and C-axis capability
- Powered attachments for multi-operational machining
- High Pressure Coolant systems for rapid "chip-less" machining
- Auto-bar loaders for Unattended and Lights-Out Manufacturing
- Robotic loading for unattended manufacturing
- DNC Network for automatic upload and download of program files
- Tool presetting capabilities for ultra quick change over
- Computerized off-line machine monitoring and control.