Single Spindle Screw Machining
"There is no substitute for experience."
Lovejoy has utilized single spindle screw machines for over 70 years. This vast wealth of knowledge translates into improved cycle times, better quality and improved capabilities, allowing us to better face the challenges our customers present.
Materials machined include: Aluminum, Brass, Copper, Beryllium Copper, Carbon Steel, Alloy Steel, Stainless Steel (300 series, 400 series, 15-5 & 17-4 PH), Stressproof, Fatigueproof, Monel, Plastics (Delrin, Nylon, Teflon, Kel-F and Vespel).
Lovejoy Screw Machining capabilities include:
- Brown & Sharpe cam screw machines
- Hardinge DSM-A automatics with curvic coupling turrets provide ultra precise non-CNC machining
- Miyano, Traub & Hardinge automatics allow for camless manufacturing and quick turnaround
- Diameters to 2"
- Auto-bar loaders for Unattended Manufacturing
- On machine attachments for: Slotting, Deburring, Broaching, Thread Rolling, Turret Milling, Crossdrilling, and Spindle indexing and orientation
- High-pressure coolant for "chip-less" machining
- SPC monitored to ensure conformance to customer requirements.